Domain user accounts after installing and loading programs

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by bbirdbrown, Jun 25, 2014.

1. bbirdbrown

bbirdbrown

Hi all,

I hope this makes sense as I have never had a firm understanding of creating user accounts especially those added to a domain. I have to install windows 8.1 on my work laptop and I need to have someone from my work add a user to our domain. What I'm curious about i,s what would happen if I installed windows 8 and all the programs that I use before the user was added to the domain. Will this user have access to all the programs that were installed or would I potentially need to perform a hack or re-install the programs on that account? Any help would be appreciated.

bbirdbrown, Jun 25, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. bbirdbrown

Shintaro Moderator

The only reason you wouldn't have access to local apps is if the Domain Group policy limited what you did on your computer.
    You can have a local account that you can use away from your work.

I used to have a local account on my laptop when I was on site with a customer and a domain account when I was back at the office. I had a common area on the laptop that I would store docs so that I could back them up to the network when was back at the office.

Shintaro, Jun 28, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question