Does Windows 8 have Windows Easy Transfer ?

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by brkkab123, Mar 28, 2012.

1. brkkab123

brkkab123

Does Windows 8 have Windows Easy Transfer ? Reason that I ask this is, because the current pc I have it on is a somewhat ancient eMachines T6534. The video card in it is a Radeon HD 4650. AMD's Windows 8 driver is only good for the HD 5000 - HD 7000series video cards. I'm planning on finshing putting together all my old parts from my main pc into another case I have with a XFX Radeon HD 5770. I'd like to use Windows Easy Transfer to transfer all my music, downloads and documents to that pc using the Easy Transfer Cable I have. Once that pc is together I'm pulling the few components off the eMachines pc worth keeping, which is really only the video card, hard drive and dvd burner. The rest will be recycled, as the cpu & motherboard are pretty useless on it. Mobo has a bad ram slot, so I can only have 2.0 GBs. dual-channel or 3.0 GBs, single-channel on it. The old parts from this pc at least has a AM2+ mobo , sata 2 ports and ddr2 ram slots. I've got my choice of cpu's for it. Either a Athlon 64 600 or a Phenom 2 965 BE. with my old Zalman CNPS 9900A LED heatsink and either 8.0 GB's. off DDR2 800 or 1066 ram. It's going to be atleast 10 days before I can work on the new build or the other pc that currently has Windows 8 on it due to a medical procedure I had done yesterday called Ablation on my left leg. I can't lift anything for 10 days. Then I have a 5 day Window before I have the same procedure on my right leg.

brkkab123, Mar 28, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question