Do all newest laptops have windows 8?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lithium, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Lithium

Lithium

I'm just a bit curious. From what I've seen, there aren't any laptops with win 7 anymore, and I would prefer the win 7. I don't want to reinstall the OS.

Lithium, Feb 27, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Lithium

bassfisher6522

AFAIK...everything is coming pre-installed with window 8/8.1. If it a matter of aesthetics...you could use Classic Shell which is free or Start8 which is a trail and then pay. Both give you the look and feel of windows 7 but with all the benefits of using windows 8. I'm using Start8 on my laptop because the family uses it. On my desktop, I strictly use the metro/tile start screen....I like it.

bassfisher6522, Feb 28, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Lithium

davidhk129

davidhk129, Feb 28, 2014
  4. Lithium

Trellum

The new laptop I bought a few weeks ago came with Windows 8.1 and all the laptops being sold there had that OS installed as well. I guess most (if not all) the newest laptops come with Windows 8.1. I'd love to get Windows 7 installed on this laptop, but it's too soon to downgrade the OS. I might do it later, because even tho Windows 8 is bearable, I still really miss and like Windows 7!

Trellum, Mar 3, 2014
  5. Lithium

bassfisher6522

You can run Classic Shell or Start8 and get the look and feel of windows 7 but retain the integrity and performance of windows 8. Might be something you might like...I use Start8 on my laptop but strictly use the metro on my desktop.

bassfisher6522, Mar 3, 2014
  6. Lithium

Trellum

Omg! Thanks a lot! I hadn't looked into this until now because I was abroad! But I'd really love to get the look and feel of Windows 7 once again. I will check that software out! It sounds quite simple and I love the fact I don't have to do something as permanent as downgrading.

Trellum, Mar 4, 2014
  7. Lithium

Lithium

Lithium, Mar 25, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question