Disablling the Microsoft Account Log-in

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by Old Dog, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Old Dog

Old Dog

I have searched for the answer but cannot find one so I apologise if it has already been discussed.

When I click on a website email button to send an email I get the Microsoft Account log-in page. Since I do not want to register with Microsoft how do I disable this feature so that I don’t get the log-in screen; it’s driving me mad. I am using the “local account setting”.

Regards Dave

Old Dog, Nov 22, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Old Dog

themarting

ive always been frustrated with this. I have stopped clicking email buttons and instead have started to copy and paste. Do you use a local email client?

In the windows 7 start menu theres an option called "default programs" this sets defaults for your browser and email client. dont know if theres an equivalent in windows 8 or if the email option can be turned off or changed to webmail

themarting, Nov 22, 2013
    Old Dog likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Old Dog

Old Dog

Thanks, that worked.
    I had to select my preferred email client - Windows Live Mail - which unselected the default client that was causing the trouble. Thanks again.
    Regards Dave

Old Dog, Nov 22, 2013
    themarting likes this.
  4. Old Dog

themarting

Oh awesome! glad it worked. Mine is actually set to windows live mail but i use gmail on a browser so it still gets on my nerves.

The important thing is it worked for you!

themarting, Nov 22, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question