Desktop items randomly dissappearing

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by joshman108, Jun 27, 2016.

1. joshman108

joshman108

Regrettably it happens so quickly I am unable to determine if it's the same every time, but usually I will have selected a group of images on my desktop, start dragging and accidentally let go of them at which point they and two folders on my desktop disappear into the trash. It may also just be when I have clicked on the images, or maybe just one image, or maybe when I highlight them. It's hard to say. I can't remember if it's always just the images or the folder too, but this time the images went to trash and the folders have been erased from my pc entirely, or so it seems. The shortcuts were in the trash but when restored they just gave the "the contents related to this shortcut have been erased" or whatever it says.

I should have moved the folders off the desktop after the first or second time but like I said, it happens so fast I'm not even sure what's happening or if I was in error so I didn't think they were at risk.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I'm not super computer savvy but our IT guy at work can't figure it out either. Thanks.

joshman108, Jun 27, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question