Cubic News, a great new app.

Discussion in 'Software' started by sarah752, Jul 5, 2013.

1. sarah752

sarah752

Hi guys,

I wasn't entirely sure this was the proper place to say this, so if its not, I apologize in advance.
    Several partners and I have just finished developing a new app and we wanted input from anyone willing. This includes advice and tips for improvement as well recommendations on how to generate buzz.

We strive to make Cubic News a free Windows 8 app that provides breath-taking news of the highest quality along with images of similar quality. Major themes and topics include but not limited to financial news, sports news, global news and tech news. It features three ideal settings for delivering content and allows the user to swiftly look through breaking news or to slowly peruse topics.

We decided to not use the standard pre packaged layouts because we found them rather tawdry and overused, so we decided to make our own interface with different transitions.

Cubic News app for Windows in the Windows Store

The logo along with some screenshot are attached.

Attached Files:

sarah752, Jul 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. sarah752

sarah752

Hi guys,

I wasn't entirely sure this was the proper place to say this, so if its not, I apologize in advance.
    Several partners and I have just finished developing a new app and we wanted input from anyone willing. This includes advice and tips for improvement as well recommendations on how to generate buzz.

We strive to make Cubic News a free Windows 8 app that provides breath-taking news of the highest quality along with images of similar quality. Major themes and topics include but not limited to financial news, sports news, global news and tech news. It features three ideal settings for delivering content and allows the user to swiftly look through breaking news or to slowly peruse topics.

We decided to not use the standard pre packaged layouts because we found them rather tawdry and overused, so we decided to make our own interface with different transitions.

Cubic News app for Windows in the Windows Store

The logo along with some screenshot are attached.

Attached Files:

sarah752, Jul 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. sarah752

airplayne

At what price are you offering this app?

airplayne, Jul 5, 2013
  4. sarah752

sarah752

Thanks for the question. Its completely free.

sarah752, Jul 5, 2013
  5. sarah752

airplayne

Just downloaded and installed it. Looks pretty clean. Will expound more once I have a chance to look through it.

airplayne, Jul 5, 2013
  6. sarah752

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Hello sarah752:
    I've moved and merged your two threads to prevent any confusion as often occurs when there are duplicate cross posts on a forum. In the future please try to avoid this activity and restrict your posts to one when they would likely be duplicated work.
    Thank You
    Randy

Trouble, Jul 9, 2013
  7. sarah752

sarah752

We have made sweeping new updates to the app. We have increased the both the frame rate of transitions and made design changes to improve the look of the interface. We are currently working to get a license with Reuters to improve the news quality and we are working on various improvements to include personalization. The new release is now available to download and as always free.

sarah752, Jul 15, 2013
  8. sarah752

crazycroc

To be honest, I think you should have gone with one of the prepackaged layouts. They may be over used but there is something to be said for standardization and your own layout does not look very visually appealing.

crazycroc, Jul 15, 2013
  9. sarah752

sarah752

In response to your comment, we have given the app more of a metro feel, try it out and let me know what else you would like to see improved

sarah752, Jul 20, 2013
  10. sarah752

sarah752

Still hoping to hear from you guys. Especially since the new improvements

sarah752, Aug 21, 2013
  11. sarah752

brkkab123

sarah752, It look's good to me, so far. When do you expect it to be working ?

brkkab123, Aug 21, 2013
  12. sarah752

sarah752

sarah752, Aug 21, 2013
  13. sarah752

brkkab123

Ah, o.k., now I see. P.S. If you use Stardock Modern Mix, it say's your app isn't available anymore. If you open up Windows Store and search for it, it come's up.

brkkab123, Aug 21, 2013
  14. sarah752

sarah752

Thanks for trying us out and letting me know about the Stardock Modern Mix issue. Ill ask around to see whats up. Let me know what you think once you've tried it out we really value input.

sarah752, Aug 21, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question