Comparing New editions - Final

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by davehc, Apr 19, 2012.

1. davehc

davehc

davehc, Apr 19, 2012
    Ian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. davehc

Ian Administrator

It's a shame that "Windows To Go" isn't included in the Pro version, as I imagine that there will be a lot of power users that want to give that a try.

At least things are getting simplified... having such a huge number of Windows 7 versions looks a little silly with hindsight (starter, home basic, home premium, pro, ultimate, etc...).

Ian, Apr 19, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. davehc

zacker150

I think they made Windows to Go for Enterprise version only to prevent piracy. Hope that it will be able to come to the retail versions with windows 9.

zacker150, Apr 21, 2012
  4. davehc

Victor Leigh

Now you are jumping the gun. We haven't really explored the full potential of Windows 8 yet and you are already talking about Windows 9.

Back on topic.

Looking down the list, I only compared the deluxe version and the Pro version because I am using Windows 8 on a pc at home. Looks like Windows 8 Pro has only got a few extra features. If Windows 8 Pro costs just a little more, I will go for Windows 8 Pro. If the price difference is very big, I will stick with Windows 8 deluxe. After all I am only using Windows 8 for playing games. As for the Office Suite, I am using Libre Office which is free. And good.

Victor Leigh, Apr 23, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question