Clock Tile for Windows 8

Discussion in 'Customization' started by MisterRay97, Mar 24, 2013.

1. MisterRay97

MisterRay97

Microsoft has done a great job with Windows 8 but missed two things: Ability to pin desktop apps as Modern UI tiles and a time displaying tile or widget in the Start screen.

I fixed the trouble of tiles for desktop apps by using Pin Steam. Rest of my desktop app tiles (Photoshop, Illustrator, Windows Media Center, Mozilla Firefox) look fine, but the game tiles were ugly! Pin Steam fixed it, though. :cool:

Now, coming back to the main topic, Microsoft forgot adding a clock widget onto the Start screen. Though we could see the time by opening the Charms bar, I'd love to see time on the Start screen without touching my computer. I found a nifty-little Windows 8 app on the Store called the "Clock Tile". You can check it out below. Tell me how you like it! :D

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/clock-tile/0ccf24f9-d2ab-4d3c-82be-53049fadeb04

MisterRay97, Mar 24, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. MisterRay97

Rylag

I got this. I like it its pretty cool. I do enjoy. Thanks for the link.

Rylag, Mar 28, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. MisterRay97

David B

Microsoft forgot more than just a clock tile for the start screen. Did anyone else besides me happen to notice that the start button is missing? :p

David B, Aug 7, 2013
  4. MisterRay97

davehc

LOL - have a read through the forum threads. But, I beg members, please lets not start another start button discussion!!!!!

davehc, Aug 7, 2013
  5. MisterRay97

vaibhav402

@Moderator LOL There are plenty of them on the forums all over the internet :p
    But honestly, I think we need a live clock and a resource monitor. Hate going to task manager to look at my resource consumptions. The whole point of live tiles is to replace widgets IMO. So I think Microsoft should provide with a few basic ones like resource monitors, sticky notes, clock, calculator, etc.

vaibhav402, Aug 19, 2013
  6. MisterRay97

David B

I don't know about a sticky notes and a clock app, but Windows 8.1 does have a new calculator app.

David B, Aug 20, 2013
  7. MisterRay97

airplayne

Meh, with the time showing up in the task bar, I see no use for a clock tile.

airplayne, Aug 23, 2013
  8. MisterRay97

David B

To each his own.

David B, Aug 23, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question