CCleaner now supports Windows 8

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ian, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator

Just a heads up for any CCleaner users - the new v3.11 release now includes Windows 8 support:

No idea if the previous version was incompatible, but I know there are a few users of this software here so this may be of use :).

Ian, Sep 27, 2011
    sleepyH22 and Papo like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Ian

Papo

I used CC Cleaner with both Vista and Windows 7 and it does a great job in cleaning the register. My favorite though is Comodo System-Cleaner: http://system-cleaner.comodo.com/. Not sure if it runs on Windows 8 though as I don’t have my tablet with me to test it.

Papo, Sep 27, 2011
    sleepyH22 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Ian

Ace

I created a test C++ application that seemed to work just fine in Windows 8, not much has changed, it should still recognize a newer operating system like any other. The compatibility is all there, i'm sure it's just the locations of files and data from Win7 to Win8 is a little different, and that's why CCleaner needed to be changed to recognize that.

Ace, Dec 16, 2011
  4. Ian

davehc

In Ian's post (#1) the quote refers to release 3,11.
    At the time when the statement was seen on the web, I downloaded and ran 3.11 in Windows 8. It's hard to ascertain with a developer preview, but I do believe it damaged some of the Metro interface accessibility
    Oddly, it is now updated to 3.13, but there is no mention on Piriform's page that this is also being developed for Windows 8. Caution to the wind, I ran it in Windows 7, without any apparent harm. Ditto Windows 8.

davehc, Dec 18, 2011
  5. Ian

Jake Horsfield

I'm really glad that they've made it compatible with Windows 8

I use CCleaner a lot and it does a great job, so I'll definitely be downloading it on Windows 8 soon.

Jake Horsfield, Jul 25, 2012
  6. Ian

davehc

Ian's original Post is almost 9 months old. The link to Ccleaner will still be valid, but latest version, fully compatible, , is V 3.21

davehc, Jul 25, 2012
  7. Ian

allswl

I am an avid user of CCleaner and I have Windows 7 on my laptop. I am patiently waiting on Windows 8 and I hope CCleaner works as good as it does on W7. What I am wishing for is for a registry cleaner as good as CCleaner that comes as part of Windows instead of having to get it separate. I can only hope and pray that the developers at Microsoft will consider this.

allswl, Sep 12, 2012
  8. Ian

davehc

If you are an enthusiastic user of Ccleaner, then it matters not that there is a built in reg cleaner in Windows. The one in Ccleaner does the job. I have tested it in Windows 8, RTM, under various conditions, and have not encountered any problems so far. Lately I have customised both the main cleaner and the reg cleaner, to accommodate my own preferences. I am using it now on a regular basis.

davehc, Sep 12, 2012
  9. Ian

FrogDemon

CCleaner has worked in all public releases of Win8. Never had any issues.

FrogDemon, Oct 5, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question