Can't load Canon i860 driver from update menu.

Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Upgrades' started by Jim Auld, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Jim Auld

Jim Auld

Can't load Canon i860 driver from update menu. "Update failed'

Jim Auld, Jun 6, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Jim Auld

bassfisher6522

Download update directly from Cannon for windows 7 (bit specific) and save, then right click and run in compatibility mode under windows 7. That should get you working.

bassfisher6522, Jun 6, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Jim Auld

Jim Auld

When you select the i860 printer drivers you can only get an update.

Jim Auld, Jun 7, 2012
  4. Jim Auld

bassfisher6522

Yep...that kind of blows....I see what you mean. I went to the site and expanded the driver tab. It's an add on...and says you "must have the printer installed and updated through MS updates" before you can use the add on. Just another reason why I stick with HP printers. Here's the website that tells you what I quoted.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppo...ction/i_series/i860_series#DriversAndSoftware

The only other option is, if you have the media disc that came with the printer. Load it in DVD bay, right click on drive bay and check to see if you can install in compatibility mode that way through the properties tab.

bassfisher6522, Jun 10, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question