Can't erase installers for hours after running them

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by Core, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Core

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

I wonder if anyone else has come across this. More an annoyance than anything, really.

Using Enterprise Eval RTM. When I download and run an executable to install an application, I can't erase the executable for hours after the installation has finished. Some installers may leave a resident component for the purposes of a product registration nag, update service, or the like, but this is happening on almost all installers, no matter how simple. It is as if the system isn't terminating the installer application correctly and keeps it in memory. I just get an error saying the file is in use, when in fact it is not it shouldn't be.

This problem did not exist on Windows 7.

Like I said, a minor thing, but it rubs me the wrong way because I am somewhat OCD about archiving installation files and removing the non-archive copies, and I install a lot of software.

Core, Oct 15, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Core

bassfisher6522

I haven't seen or experienced anything like that yet....but I'm using the RP build 8400. I'll keep a look out for anything.

bassfisher6522, Oct 15, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question