Cannot Save URLs in IE 10 Favorites at Times

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by Wayne Carpenter, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Wayne Carpenter

Wayne Carpenter

All to frequently, I cannot drag a favicon into an IE10 Favorites folder in the Favorites Sidebar to save it--it doesn't show (it just happened again). If I go to the Favorites folder on the C: drive, the URL is shown in the folder I dropped it in. So the IE Favorites Sidebar is not displaying or being updated properly.

This has happened many times and goes back to maybe IE7 or so. I have spoken to Microsoft Support several times about this and apparently, there is no fix to stop it from recurring. The way I resolve it (for awhile) is to end task IE and restore the previous session or whatever they call it since I have usually quite a few tabs open.

Why can't this be fixed?

Wayne Carpenter, Aug 19, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Wayne Carpenter

davehc

Are you referring to the desktop ie or the modern ie?

Not sure what the "sidebar" is, I'm afraid. Maybe something to do with the modern IE, which I don't use?

All I do, to create new url links, is right click an empty space on the relevant site and either "Add to favorites" or "create shortcut" No prbs so far.

davehc, Aug 19, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Wayne Carpenter

Wayne Carpenter

By IE, I'm referring Internet Explorer. The Favorites sidebar is normally displayed on the left side of the screen.

Wayne Carpenter, Aug 19, 2013
  4. Wayne Carpenter

davehc

Ok. Of no consequence and irrelevant to your problem. There are two IE's in Windows 8 - the modern and the desktop version.
    But I'm with you now. I never use the IE explorer bar - takes up too much useable space, so I confess I had forgotten it. But I have just enabled it for the test and found no problems. I opened two or three random sites, clicked into them, clicked "add to favorites" and inserted.

davehc, Aug 20, 2013
  5. Wayne Carpenter

airplayne

Here is a solution: use a different browser, your life will be much easier. IE has never been user friendly.

airplayne, Aug 27, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question