Cannot open Windows Store

Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Upgrades' started by Chip416, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Chip416

Chip416

I'm running Windows 8 Every time I try to open the Windows Store, it will not open. A message tells me I'm not connected to the Internet, but I know for a fact I am connected to the internet. I'm trying to get the free upgrade to 8.1. I've never used the Windows Store and suspect this problem has always existed since I started running Windows 8.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Chip416, Dec 30, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Chip416

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

The most common cause of your issue is an improper setting of the date, time and or time zone.
    If those are all set properly for your region then you may want to reset the store app...
    Hold the windows logo key and strike the r key and in the run dialog box type
    WSReset.exe
    See if that helps the issue at all.

Trouble, Dec 30, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Chip416

Chip416

Well it turns out that's it's not just Windows Store. It's all the Windows 8 "apps," such as Finance, Weather, Sports--all those apps that come with Win 8. Meanwhile, my browsers are working fine. But all those apps show that I am in an offline status, so none of them work.

Chip416, Dec 30, 2014
  4. Chip416

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Trouble, Dec 30, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question