Camera drivers for Sony Vaio VGN-AR605E not working in Win 8

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by ladwal, Nov 19, 2012.

1. ladwal

ladwal

I have done a fresh installation of Win 8 top on Win 7 Ultimate.
    My laptop (Sony Vaio VGN-AR605E) whose Camera was working properly in the earlier version.
    Now I have downloaded the fresh drivers from Sony eSupport; it helped to run the camera (currently 1.3MP) but issue is it is showing very faded & blurred captured output.

Can anyone help?

ladwal, Nov 19, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. ladwal

kaybee327

Maybe a stupid question but have you tried the win 7 driver - may still work OK

Keith

kaybee327, Nov 20, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. ladwal

ladwal

No Its not working, I had mentioned its results, I think u had not read the complete message carefully & telling the question is Stupid.

ladwal, Nov 20, 2012
  4. ladwal

kaybee327

Ladwal you said you had done an instal over win 7 nothing about trying win 7 drivers. Also you do not say which system the drivers you downloaded were for. Also the camera was working with the Win 7 driver.

Maybe the question (from me) was not so stupid after all. Not implying you are stupid.

And see the thread https://www.win8forums.com/threads/can-i-use-windows-7-drivers-in-windows-8.236/ in this section

Keith

kaybee327, Nov 20, 2012
  5. ladwal

Nibiru2012 Moderator

Hi ladwal!

So you're stating that when you previously had Windows 8 installed on your notebook that the Camera functioned properly? With no fading or blurring?

Not to mention the obvious... have you checked to ensure there's no debris or film on the lens of the camera?

Did you try installing the drivers in "Windows 7" Compatibility mode? Was there anything different about this latest Windows 8 install versus the prior one on your Vaio?

Do you feel the blurring and fading is a software or hardware issue? I went to the Sony support page for your model notebook and noticed the drivers are dated from 2007, with no options for updates.

[​IMG]

I hope you're able to find some more up to date drivers. It appears as if Sony did not want to support this notebook after Windows Vista.

~Nibs

Nibiru2012, Nov 25, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question