BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)

Discussion in 'Crashes, BSODs and Debugging' started by amidoinitright, Nov 3, 2015.

1. amidoinitright

amidoinitright

Hello, I had a BSOD crash a little bit ago. I was on Skype, and playing GTA V Online for awhile when I got the random BSOD. I recently fresh re-installed my OS, but maybe I used some outdated drivers after reinstalling. I was going to let it go, but my Desktop has never really BSOD'd in the past so I am curious if it is a simple issue. It isn't urgent, but if anyone would mind letting me know what the exact cause was I would appreciate it. I'm new here so I don't know proper procedure; however, I'm going to post the BSOD dump in text format as well as computer specs. Please feel free to let me know what I am missing or post the link that has instructions for proper requests. NOTE: I have not done any windows updates after re installing yet so it could be that as well.

Again, my apologies if I made this post incorrectly. Here is the rough list of computer hardware:

PSU - 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready (Not sure of brand sadly)
    RAM - 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/2133MHz Quad Channel Memory (G.SKILL Ripjaws X)
    Mobo - GIGABYTE X79 G1 Assassin 2 Intel X79
    HDD - 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM (Seagate)
    SSD - 850 Pro 256gb (Samsung)
    CPU - Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz
    GPU - EVGA 970 FTW+
    LQD Cooling - Seidon 120M Liquid Cooling System (Cooler Master)

I am not having overheating issues, so I'm sure pretty sure it's just driver related. If you need any further information I will supply it, thank you to those who provide any assistance.

http://paste2.org/9I0g9h4E <- Crash dump .txt link

Never mind. I saw the post for uploading dumps. I used the W8 File collector and uploaded the mini dump to the post.

UPDATE: I used the Grab All button on W8 File collector then zipped it. It was only 1MB, but it said too large to upload here; however, here is the DL for that as well. http://www.filedropper.com/w8
    There are two .dmp files in there. The one in question is named 110315-9671-01.dmp, the other one is a whole separate issue.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    amidoinitright, Nov 3, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. amidoinitright

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

I don't really do BSODs anymore, but I took a quick look at yours and something.....
    Kicked the crap out of your network stack.
    I'm going to go with
    WinRing0x64.sys 7/26/2008
    It's too old and there are known BSOD issue with it and Windows 8.
    There are any number of software products which use that driver so you may have some difficulty actually uninstalling it or even upgrading it.
    My suggestion would be to .....
    Find it, usually here C:\Windows\System32\Drivers ..... but you may want to perform a global search of your system drive for that specific driver, locate it and rename it to WinRing0x64.OLD and reboot your system.

That will effectively break it and if it is or was the cause of your particular BSOD then you should be good to go.
    You can always rename it back if it proves not to be the issue.

A couple other drivers you may need to attend to
    Edge7x64.sys 5/18/2011
    AND
    Xeno7x64.sys 5/18/2011
    Both associated with Killer Network products great devices but drivers are critical I have an e2200 on my system. Identify your particular hardware and see if http://www.killernetworking.com/support/driver-downloads has an updated driver.

Lastly
    netr28x.sys 4/11/2012
    Usually associated with a Ralink Wireless Network Adapter.
    See if you can find a later driver for that as well.

Trouble, Nov 3, 2015
    Ian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. amidoinitright

amidoinitright

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond Trouble. I found out what WinRing0x64.sys is. It is a file in an old version of RealTempGT that I use to monitor my Intel CPU heat and usage etc. on my other monitor while gaming.

It is very possible I just need to update RealTemp, and probably Windows 8 itself. I was on 8.1, but after the format I didn't bother doing windows updates which of course could explain some/all of it in terms of incompatibility. I believe I also had killed the process of the Killer Network program earlier that day for some reason, and forgot about it. Since that is normally always running on my PC it most likely attributed to the network issue.

You are right about the Network adapter being outdated, even the program itself told me it was outdated when I opened it so that shouldn't be an issue now. Ill look into the last one, but I don't use my other wireless card (for some reason I have two) so I may just leave that one be for now. Again, I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Have a great rest of your week sir.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    amidoinitright, Nov 4, 2015
  4. amidoinitright

Greaterman

I have simmiliar problem to you. For me i just had to clean my win by software like this goo.gl/cp8iIV

Greaterman, Jun 21, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question