BSOD After i installed Avast.

Discussion in 'Crashes, BSODs and Debugging' started by hertihej, Feb 8, 2013.

1. hertihej

hertihej

My computer started to get a BSOD every 10 minutes after I installed Avast antivirus. I have read that many other people has had this problem when installing various antivirus programs. I do not wish this to happen again so I wonder if anyone knows how I can avoid getting BSOD from an antivirus program and what antivirus program I should get.

hertihej, Feb 8, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. hertihej

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

My personal recommendation would be to stick with the native Windows Defender and Windows Firewall products that are already part of the Windows 8 Operating System.
    And I would suggest perhaps augmenting those with something like MalwareBytes Pro for about $25.00 bucks for a lifetime license (probably cheaper if you shop around) it's definitely worth it.
    From your post I am assuming that the BSODs stop when you completely remove Avast? If not you may want to follow up the uninstall with the vendor specific proprietary removal tool from here http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
    just to make sure there are no lingering remnants.

Trouble, Feb 8, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. hertihej

jubbly

I use AVG. Have always trusted it and never had a problem. I have it on 2 windows 8 PCs now without problem. I also found it uses less resources than the inbuilt microsoft security software,at least it did on my systems.

jubbly, Feb 12, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question