Bringing up the Start Menu on Two Monitors

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by briancmorris, May 28, 2013.

1. briancmorris

briancmorris

When I press the Windows key on my keyboard, it shows the start menu on whatever monitor of the two I am using that is the primary. When I am using the start menu, it gets pretty full with all of the programs and apps I want on it. Scrolling through the icons is rather annoying, as I am used to scrolling through them easily on a touch monitor (on someone else's computer). Is there a way to extend the start menu for two monitors, so that I am able to see at least most of the start menu from the width of my two monitors?

briancmorris, May 28, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. briancmorris

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

No.

Core, May 28, 2013
    Trouble likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. briancmorris

davehc

Perhaps you should consider why you need so many shortcuts to programs on your start screen.
    II have limited mine to 50. These are not all frequently in use. Far from it, but they are programs I need for my working environment.
    Should I need any of the remainder, they are still available at a touch of the "All Programs" item
    The 50 give me one short sweep to show the extras off to the right.

davehc, May 29, 2013
    Trouble likes this.
  4. briancmorris

Lokitns

No there's no way to do this, it would be too much of a hassle. I think you should refer to what Dave said, I keep all the programs I really NEED in my start menu. Programs I use frequently and repeatedly. Maybe you should look into getting one of the many dock bar options and put all your programs on there, those allow you to scroll to the edge and it'll continue sweeping for you, so you don't have to continually scroll.

Lokitns, May 29, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question