bookmarking my 'favorites'

Discussion in 'Software' started by artistica, Feb 10, 2014.

1. artistica

artistica

Is there a limit on how many 'favorites I can add using windows 8?
    As of a few days ago this feature stopped allowing me to pin them.
    Could this be a virus of sorts?
    Thanks all !

artistica, Feb 10, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. artistica

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

OK, since it's been almost a week and no one has responded, let's try and get some more information out of you and see if we can attract some brainiacs.

First of all...... Hello, greetings and welcome to the forum. Thanks for taking the time to join our community.

Now since the issue would seem to involve at least one or more browsers can we ask..... which browser you are using? Since you use both "bookmarking" (common to browsers such as firefox) and "favorites" (more common to Internet Explorer), if Internet Explorer I suppose I should ask which version (the metro app or the desktop version) it is not clear in your question?

And then you use the term "pin", perhaps it would be good to know where you are "pinning" (Start Screen, Desktop, Taskbar, Bookmarks Bar, Favorites Bar, etc., etc.,)?

Finally, as far as I know currently, while the number of rows on the start screen is to some extent dictated by your screen resolution (and the registry), I know of no maximum limit to that total number of tiles (rows / columns) so I suppose we should also ask.... How many do you have currently pinned?

Trouble, Feb 15, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question