Black Friday deals

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shaun Hill, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Shaun Hill

Shaun Hill

I was wondering what hardware items usually go on sale during Black Friday. From what I've heard, most processors and GPUs don't go on sale that much during Black Friday. I might have better luck with memory, cases, and accessories. What's been your experience? Have any of you had amazing Black Friday deals in the past?

Shaun Hill, Nov 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Shaun Hill

airplayne

Actually, you should be checking the deals on Cyber-Monday. That is when most electronics, especially through online suppliers, go on sale. I would never by components at a brick-and-mortar store as they generally have less of a selection and finding things on a trusted online site goes much further since you will be able to check buyer ratings.

airplayne, Nov 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Shaun Hill

Ian Administrator

We've started to get these sales in the UK now too - I can only recall hearing about Black Friday and Cyber Monday in the last couple of years, starting with the likes of Amazon.

Consoles, TV and other electronics seem to be the mainstay over here.

Ian, Nov 26, 2013
  4. Shaun Hill

airplayne

Just got an ad from Kohl's in the mail offering a 32" flat panel tv for $130, but only if we show up between 8pm Thursday and 1pm Friday.

If I had the cash I might have considered it, but it is an in-store only deal, so we would have to deal with the insanity.

airplayne, Nov 26, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question