bing to google

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by jamos316, Nov 21, 2013.

1. jamos316

jamos316

is there a way to change the default search in the charms bar from bing to google? i know that you can turn off bing search in change pc settings

jamos316, Nov 21, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. jamos316

themarting

i tried to run a few google searches for this option but couldnt find anything. Granted im not a great googler

themarting, Nov 24, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. jamos316

davehc

It is a built in feature, and cannot be changed. You can, as you probably know, change the IE search.
    The only possibility, is to turn off some of the search facilities in the charms search engine. If you want to go down that road,then:
    To start off, launch the Charms bar
    Click the Settings charm menu.
    Click “Change PC Settings”

Open the “Search & Apps” menu. There, you will see the option to disable search results via Bing. Turn it, if not already, to “Off”.

Now, if you type something in your main modern , in the search bar. It will only show results from your local computer and not from the internet.
    Currently, Beta testing is going on for BIng, through the MVP program, in order to improve it further. So, I must ask, what are you finding wrong with it.?

davehc, Nov 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question