Best motherboard for i7-4770k

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shaun Hill, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Shaun Hill

Shaun Hill

I'm building a computer this holiday season. I've already bought an i7-4770k and am wondering if any of you have recommendations for a good motherboard to attach it to. I'm not big on overclocking. Are there any brands you'd avoid due to low quality? Thanks for the recommendations.

Shaun Hill, Nov 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Shaun Hill

airplayne

Look on Newegg or Tigerdirect for the more highly rated ones. I have used Asus in the past with no complaints. Just be sure you check the compatibility.

airplayne, Nov 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Shaun Hill

orz

For an i7-4770k I assume you'll be overclocking so you should find a motherboard which really supports and is dedicated to the process of overclocking CPUs. In terms of the "Best" motherboard it really depends on your budget, if you want the very best then the most expensive one will be what you're looking at. It depends what features you personally need (How many ports, size of the board, how many PCI-Express/Expansion slots etc.).

orz, Nov 29, 2013
  4. Shaun Hill

SethPeters57

I would recommend the Asus Maximus VII Hero. It has many tweaks and customizations that can be made to the BIOS that makes overclocking with this mobo very easy. In addition, when combined with the i7-4790K, which is said to be one of the best processors when overclocked, you can make one of the highest performing, and easiest to optimize, computer builds. Here is the site for both of these products.

SethPeters57, Sep 19, 2014
  5. Shaun Hill

bassfisher6522

Any mobo brand using the Z97 series chip...it's the latest.

bassfisher6522, Sep 21, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question