BattleField 4 runs better on Windows 8 than Windows 7

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by themarting, Oct 10, 2013.

1. themarting

themarting

I could not get Battlefield 4 to run on my windows 7 partition. I fired up Win8 due to having read something suggesting it and it fired right up. Even after i updated all driver on both win 7 AND win 8, FRAPS shows better framerates while running in windows 8, everything is also slightly more responsive and load time are faster...

Anyone else noticed this?

themarting, Oct 10, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. themarting

MorgUK

Pretty interesting, I'm sure Win 7 will run BF4 fine and if not better than Win 8.

MorgUK, Oct 14, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. themarting

orz

Pretty sure Windows 8 is like that for all games, just better optimized isn't it? I remember reading an article a while back stating that there was a 2-3% performance increase comparing Windows 7 to Windows 8. I'll try and dig it up.

orz, Oct 19, 2013
  4. themarting

themarting

Did you ever find anything on this? Im too used to windows 7 for gaming so i played the beta mostly on that. I like the look and feel of windows 8 so im considering starting to migrate more to that but would like to make sure im not shooting myself in the foot for the little bit of games i play

themarting, Oct 22, 2013
  5. themarting

themarksquared

This is good news! I never had any problems playing the Battlefield 4 beta on my Windows 8 machine, yet I was still afraid to buy the final game. With this confirmation, I am now more confident that the game will run smoothly on my laptop. Time to save up, then.

themarksquared, Oct 29, 2013
  6. themarting

Black_Epiphany

I've read that BF4 is riddled with bugs so compatibility issues may be prevalent. Been refraining from buying the game due to the mixed reviews and reports of bugs and game breaking issues. I haven't had any issue running games on Windows 7 or 8 in the past though.

Black_Epiphany, Dec 1, 2013
  7. themarting

fireinyourwords

I tried playing BF4's beta and was surprised at how muddy everything was. Everything felt a little off and I couldn't place my finger on it. I know the betas are supposed to be just that, betas for testing, before the finalized product, but now that EA's getting sued, I guess the game never really got finalized. It's a shame, because I was really looking forward to it.

fireinyourwords, Jan 9, 2014
  8. themarting

lexxar1

Windows 8 works better than 7, for me at least, in games. I think it is because it uses less memory and because of some other features. I hate hearing gamers saying that Windows 7 is the only option for gaming when Windows 8 is so much better.

lexxar1, Jan 16, 2014
  9. themarting

turklife

I've heard that it runs MUCH better on Windows 8 than 7. I'm not sure why, and I haven't tried it with Windows 7, but from what I've been reading across other forums that's actually the case. I think it's definitely a good thing though, for both gaming and Windows 8.

turklife, Jan 20, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question