Ballmer Could Be Out if Windows 8 Tanks, Analysts Say

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by Nibiru2012, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Nibiru2012

Nibiru2012 Moderator

The New York Post suggests that Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer may be out if Windows 8 fails.

The New York Post paints a very gloomy picture for Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer if Windows 8 doesn't prove to be a big success, especially in the mobile sector. Ballmer, who admittedly missed the smartphone and tablet boat once Apple invaded the mobile scene with its iPhone and iPad, can't bomb again, the paper said. Even more, if the platform disappoints, he could be out altogether.

To read the article from Tom's Hardware, click HERE.

To read the New York Post article, click HERE.

Nibiru2012, Dec 20, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Nibiru2012

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

I really dislike Ballmer. He just rubs me the wrong way, always has. They need someone with actual experience to lead the company, someone who's actually written a line of code in the past 40 years. I feel embarrassed for Ballmer every time he comes out at a keynote jumping up and down. It doesn't make him look vibrant, just idiotic. I also don't care for Ballmer's comments on Linux, FOSS, or Microsoft's rivals. I understand blowing your company's horn, but not bashing other, arguably superior technologies just because you can't find a way to match their success.

Core, Dec 20, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Nibiru2012

Tchégéda

Never. Balmer is amazing and irreplaceable. :D

Tchégéda, Jan 23, 2013
  4. Nibiru2012

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Steve Ballmer is and has really always been the guy you love to hate. You can still find his very early Windows commercials on YouTube where he sounds like a used car salesman.
    But, he's been around forever and will likely only go out the door for the last time, feet first and horizontal

Trouble, Jan 23, 2013
  5. Nibiru2012

Tchégéda

Yes and :D

[video]

Tchégéda, Jan 29, 2013
  6. Nibiru2012

ChristineBCW

When he insists on loaded 140 fonts that I'll never use on ALL of my Win7-8 PCs - and I've never ONCE insisted he install MY fonts on HIS - I couldn't care less about his fate. I still want My Computer My Way. No steekin' world-fonts by the hundreds. I hope they'll toss him aside and bring in someone who allows users to customize their computers THEIR way.

ChristineBCW, Mar 12, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question