Avast 9.0 version for Win 8.1

Discussion in 'Security' started by davidhk129, Nov 4, 2013.

1. davidhk129

davidhk129

The older versions of Avast are not compatible with Win 8.1

This new version 2014.9.0.2007 is compatible.
    I just installed the FREE edition, and it works.
    It has email scanning option, I have it disabled.

http://www.avast.com/en-ca/index

I decided to install Avast, in light of the disturbing report/review of Windows Defender, aka MSE, being at the bottom of the review list and that even MS recommends users to use 3rd party program.

excerpt:
    In an interview with Dennis Protection Labs, Holly Stewart, the senior program manager of the Microsoft Malware Protection Center, said that Microsoft Security Essentials was just a “baseline” that’s designed to “always be on the bottom” of antivirus tests. She said Microsoft sees MSE as a first layer of protection and advises Windows users to use a third-party antivirus instead.

click this Source to read the entire article.

davidhk129, Nov 4, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. davidhk129

MyDigitalpoint

Hmm... is this the Avast 2014 version that they are advertising or there are two different versions for the Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 operating systems?

Long time I had not installed and antivirus and now I'm a little bit clueless, but willing to install the right version.

I'm on Windows 8 still.

MyDigitalpoint, Nov 11, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. davidhk129

davidhk129

Older version of Avast IS compatible with Windows 8, but NOT Windows 8.1

This 9.0 version is compatible with win 8.1

excerpt :
    Apparently lot of avast! users are having compatibility issues after upgrading operating system to Windows 8.1. What usually happens is that avast! will completely disappears, and Windows will start saying you’re not protected. Then you’re being offered a Windows Defender, which is better than nothing but definitely not that good as avast! antivirus.
    Luckily we have a simple fix for you. All you have to do is to get the latest avast! antivirus 2014 (version 9) which is fully compatible, and even certified to work on the Windows 8.1.

Source

davidhk129, Nov 11, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question