AV latest results

Discussion in 'Security' started by Trouble, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Trouble

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Latest results are in for a lot of Anti Virus products and how they perform on various platforms.
    I was particularly surprised to see the results (you have to click the little arrows at the top of the test report column) regarding my two favorite commercial products on Windows 8.1
    Kaspersky finished at the top and Eset finished at the bottom.
    You can read more here and see if your favorite product is listed and how it ranked.
    http://www.av-test.org/en/tests/home-user/windows-8/novdec-2013/

Trouble, Mar 27, 2014
    Ian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Trouble

Ian Administrator

Thanks for posting this, it's been a while since I saw one of these run-downs!

Pretty pleased that Kaspersky ended up on top, as I'm running KIS at the moment. Was tempted to move over to ESET a while back, so I may hold off on that for now.

Ian, Mar 27, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Trouble

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

ESET is still my favorite but if you look at the individual results you'll see that it got banged pretty hard on "Performance". In other words how it impacts the computer while it's running, so they'll likely need to lighten and streamline it a bit to bring it back in line with the top performers.
    You see things like this happening all the time with security suites, they have a good product and then it seems to become overly bloated with too much overhead that impacts the computer and it turns people off.
    At least that's what happened to me with AVG, Norton and McAfee.
    Too much over zealous in your face activity. I prefer something that seems to go about its' duties quietly and peacefully in the background so you almost don't even know it's there.

Trouble, Mar 27, 2014
    sleepyH22 and Ian like this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question