Anyone using Hirens?

Discussion in 'Crashes, BSODs and Debugging' started by PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa, Jul 15, 2013.

1. PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa

PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa

Being an IT technician, I was taught that Hirens Boot Disk is a must have in any techie's arsenal. I wanted to know everyone else's opinions?

Do you think having a Hirens disk is crucial? Do you prefer rather having a bunch of standalone apps? Or do you have an entirely different kind of bootable disk you swear by?

PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa, Jul 15, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa

Ian Administrator

I couldn't agree more! Hirens (or UBCD) is an essential for any techie - it has helped me out hugely when a PC has failed to boot. Having everything all in one place is fantastic a real timesaver.

Here's a link in case other readers want to take a look:
    http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

Ian, Jul 17, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa

crazycroc

Personally, I've never really had a need for it. Its rare that I've been unable to boot into the operating system because of a software problem and hardware issues are fairly easy to diagnose without a boot CD. In fact, if you can't boot the OS due to a hardware problem, the chances of even being able to use the boot CD are also low.

crazycroc, Jul 30, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question