Anyone use Browser Themes?

Discussion in 'Customization' started by brandthunder, Aug 28, 2013.

1. brandthunder

brandthunder

Just curious as to anyone here using browser themes on a regular basis? We've been creating browser themes for Internet Explorer since 2007 and just released new IE 10 themes. I haven't seen much discussion on the forums here about IE themes so was just curious if Windows users here are utilizing browser themes?

Thanks

Mark

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2013
    brandthunder, Aug 28, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. brandthunder

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

I've approved your post but edited out the link to Brand Thunder.
    1. Because the link was broken and resulted in a database error and
    2. Because a Google search for Brand Thunder results in it looking much like a Browser Hijack with people wanting to stop and remove it.

Feel free to discuss Brand Thunder, its' features and benefits as you see them but please avoid any direct links (working or not) until such time as it is clear that the product does not contain any unwanted side effects.

Trouble, Aug 28, 2013
    sleepyH22 and davehc like this.
    1. Advertisements

3. brandthunder

airplayne

I used to use themes when I was using Firefox, but have since gotten away from that when I moved over to Chrome.

airplayne, Aug 28, 2013
  4. brandthunder

brandthunder

Chrome themes are actually becoming more popular it seems with the Chrome theme gallery growing. We've certainly seen an increase in Chrome theme users at Brand Thunder.
    Trouble - We do not hijack anyone's browser. We're an established company that has been in business since 2007 working with some of the largest brands in the world to create custom branded themes for their companies. Clients include: NBA, NFL, CBS Sports, NHL, MLS, Universal Music, Huffington Post, BobMarley.com, and hundreds more. We wouldn't be in this business anymore if we hijacked browsers or did anything unscrupulous especially working with brands such as those.

We've had other sites tarnish our reputation by posting false accusations of our browser themes. You can read more about us in full transparency at our site Brand Thunder (dot com). I would link to the site but I didn't think you wanted that.

Our site was down earlier due to a temporary server issue

Regards,

Mark
    Brand Thunder

brandthunder, Aug 28, 2013
  5. brandthunder

orz

I use themes with Mozilla FireFox, running the LiteFox theme at the moment and its beautiful!

orz, Oct 19, 2013
  6. brandthunder

Sugarhill

Well, I don't think I'll be using Brand Thunder, but I'm not much of a theme person, it takes up too much real estate for the most part, in my opinion.

Sugarhill, Oct 21, 2013
  7. brandthunder

MyDigitalpoint

I thought browser themes were trendy when they were first released, but I don't see actually any sense in setting a browser theme, not just because the time spent selecting a theme, but also in the hard-to-read items that make no sense.

I mean, a browser theme may look awesome, but your bookmarks and menu items cannot be easily read if you select an intricate design.

Many themes cause eye strain, or at least that was happening to me, hence the reason I stopped using them.

MyDigitalpoint, Nov 12, 2013
  8. brandthunder

Parker

Used to, got kind of old after a while. I may go see if there are any new ones I like just to freshen things up a bit ;)

Parker, Jan 29, 2014
  9. brandthunder

Trellum

I never use browser themes, and no I don't use IE at all. I used it when I just started using computers, back when I was just a teenager. I used browser themes back then, but it didn't last too long for me because I found the browser themes to be too distracting! So I stopped using them. They were very appealing visually speaking tho :)

Trellum, Mar 5, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question