Anyone use an Intuos5 tablet?

Discussion in 'Tablet / Surface Devices' started by AvalonX, Mar 14, 2013.

1. AvalonX

AvalonX

I use an Inutuos5 tablet with the newer Windows 8 drivers. Initially I was disappointed that Windows 8 still made me scroll using the scroll bar on the start screen since the Intuos5 is touch based and supports gestures. Once in desktop mode it works great and I rarely need to use the mouse.

AvalonX, Mar 14, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. AvalonX

TinkerBell

A friend of mines bought the Intuos5 Tablet, and he was a little disappointed. First, I was surprised it doesn't come with a mouse anymore. I guess they believe the touch pad technology is good enough you don't need the mouse anymore. It really sucks trying to use a mouse for 3-D packages. :confused:

TinkerBell, Jun 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. AvalonX

AvalonX

It does not come with the mouse. If you don't care about touch then stick with the Intuos4. That one still comes with the mouse and aside from differences in the surface it is the same. As a matter of face, due to the gesture support users can no longer swap the surface themselves. It has to be sent to Wacom. I though installing the Windows 8 drivers would make it work like a surface but it doesn't work that way. The touch is pretty good though for basic navigation.

AvalonX, Jun 10, 2013
    TinkerBell likes this.
  4. AvalonX

carlalexander

OK I have never had of the Intuos Tablet, is it like any other tablet i.e Samsung, Kindle Fire and the like or is it like a laptop because I have seen you talking about a mouse. I thought a tablet has a touch screen and that's all you need.

carlalexander, Jul 9, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question