Anybody uses Pin Steam?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MisterRay97, Mar 24, 2013.

1. MisterRay97

MisterRay97

I have a Windows 8 PC and laptop and I use Pin Steam to pin all my Steam and non-Steam games onto the Start screen. It looks really beautiful now. ;)

Anybody uses Pin Steam? It's worth $1.49 in the Windows 8 App Store, but it's totally worth it. You could have a look at my beautiful games library in the provided image below on my current laptop I'm using.

P.S.: Only Dota 2 is a Steam game, whereas all are non-Steam. :p

[​IMG]

MisterRay97, Mar 24, 2013
    TinkerBell, Core and Alexisdv20 like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. MisterRay97

Rylag

So pin steam is a program so you can put your steam games onto the windows 8 metro thing?

Rylag, Mar 27, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. MisterRay97

Alexisdv20

Wow thank you for sharing this, I didn't know this existed and I was currently looking for something like this to get a better view and an easier access to my game library.

Alexisdv20, Mar 28, 2013
  4. MisterRay97

MisterRay97

Yes, it is. Moreover you can also put your non-Steam games too! Just add your non-Steam game into your Steam library using the Steam desktop app, create shortcut, copy the "steam://" URL from the shortcut and create a custom tile! You could just view the official site for more info: http://jacobkorsgaard.com/?page_id=431

MisterRay97, Mar 28, 2013
  5. MisterRay97

Carly

Wow this is a really useful application! I hate using steam to manage all my games, it's library is just very annoying to go through, and also quite resource intensive! Thank you very much for sharing this, i will surely use this instead!

Carly, Mar 29, 2013
    MisterRay97 likes this.
  6. MisterRay97

themarksquared

I have never bought anything from the store, but this might change my mind about my stingy habits. I'm a tile addict and I want my tiles clean, organized, and with a tile picture. I'm afraid that this app might fill-up my start screen though, since I have 40+ games on my Steam Library. Nevertheless, thanks for sharing this!

themarksquared, May 14, 2013
  7. MisterRay97

Lokitns

That's actually amazing looking, I think I'm going to pick that up. Thanks for this post. Also... ball strike sounds like it would be a painful game if it had multiplayer.

Lokitns, May 30, 2013
  8. MisterRay97

crazycroc

So basically it makes it so instead of having one link for steam you have one for each game?

crazycroc, May 31, 2013
  9. MisterRay97

themarksquared

Haha, that's pretty much the purpose of this application. I get your point though. I guess there are some people, just like me, who are tile-freaks. We want every program on our computer to be displayed in the Metro UI while looking clean.

themarksquared, Jun 2, 2013
  10. MisterRay97

TinkerBell

It actually looks pretty cool. I never tried it, before on my windows 8 notebook. I'm going to try it first to see how it looks and works on my desktop. If it turns out good I will put the Pin Stream application on my notebook. Thanks for the input!!! ;)

TinkerBell, Jun 2, 2013
  11. MisterRay97

PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa

That's neat! Now, if you can find us something that does the same thing with other icons (Office, Photoshop, etc) that would make you a very popular guy on the forum!

PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa, Jun 8, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question