Another day

Discussion in 'Security' started by Trouble, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Trouble

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Trouble, Mar 23, 2015
    Ian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Trouble

Ian Administrator

I'd not heard of this until now, thanks for the warning. I do wonder if many BIOS manufacturers will patch against these type of threats for older systems. My motherboard is about 2.5 years old, but there hasn't been a BIOS update for almost 2 years and I still experience some frustrating bugs to do with boot order and password protection (there are workarounds on the Intel forums though).

Security seems to be higher up the pecking order than it was even a few years ago, so hopefully people will be more vigilant and demand/expect patches to be provided for hardware (namely things like routers, BIOS, phones, etc..) that aren't automatically updated in the way Windows is.

Ian, Mar 24, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. Trouble

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

I'm not sure I understand the information exactly but it seemed to me that this particular attack vector was specific to the newer UEFI BIOS products.
    At least that was my take-away from reading it.

Trouble, Mar 24, 2015
    Ian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question