Android tablets security

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by davidhk129, Dec 20, 2013.

1. davidhk129

davidhk129

I have read a few articles in the web. Somehow, I still cannot come up with a conclusion.
    Do Android tablets need to install a security program ?
    I plan to buy a 9" 4.1 Jelly bean tablet. This would be my first ever tablet.
    That is why I ask this question.

davidhk129, Dec 20, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. davidhk129

MorgUK

I haven't bothered personally, but there are some crazy reports about apps stealing data. There was a simple flashlight app that was stealing peoples internet data, crazy! I don't think a simple antivirus program like Avast would stop this kind of thing though. I think it's the rogue apps causing these issues and Google needs to stop them and check the code before they allow these apps on the market.

MorgUK, Dec 20, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. davidhk129

Trellum

To be honest I don't think there is much we can do to protect our tablets or android phones from viruses, there are several free antivirus that are offered for mobiles and tablets, but I don't think it's the same as with the computers. Besides, they say tablets and android tablets are way safer than PCs and laptops. I don't worry about it that much, but I installed an antivirus just in case. It might not do much, but is always better than nothing.

Trellum, Apr 10, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question