Alternative on-screen keyboard for my tablet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RomanAnthonysMama, Aug 31, 2013.

1. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMama

I have an ASUS Window's 8 tablet, and I love the on-screen keyboard option (I have a physical keyboard as well), but I was wondering why there are no other keyboard options in the app store? I was trying to look for a Window's version of Swype or something of that nature, but to my surprise, I didn't even find any alternative keyboard options in the store. Does anyone know if there is any way to download a better keyboard, even if it doesn't support a feature like Swype?

RomanAnthonysMama, Aug 31, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. RomanAnthonysMama

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

This is just a guess but I believe that osk.exe (The OnScreenKeyboard) is an integral part of the operating system.
    Even if you found a third party product, launching it when you needed it might be a chore as the default go to application for Windows 8 is osk.exe
    Let me know if you find something that is in fact actually better, I'd be interested myself it options.

Trouble, Aug 31, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question