After I downloaded Windows 8.1 Dolby Audio Driver won't work

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by NoahKMA, Feb 16, 2014.

1. NoahKMA

NoahKMA

If it helps, I have a Lenovo G780. The exact message is "Dolby Advanced Audio - Unable to start the Dolby Audio driver. Please restart the computer or reinstall the driver if the problem persists". Any advice?

NoahKMA, Feb 16, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. NoahKMA

Ian Administrator

Welcome to the forums :). The first thing I'd do is try and update them to the latest ones from the Lenovo website, as there are some 8.1 specific drivers released in Oct last year:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_GB/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?DocID=HT074067

I'd strongly recommend uninstalling your old drivers first, restart the PC, then install these drivers. If you're not sure on any of the steps, just let us know and we can go through in a little more detail :).

Ian, Feb 17, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. NoahKMA

NoahKMA

Thank you :D. Anyways, I did exactly that and I restarted my computer. I waited for it to start up and I get that message. Turns out, I've also downloaded the drivers multiple times.

NoahKMA, Feb 17, 2014
  4. NoahKMA

Ian Administrator

Ian, Feb 17, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question