Add a remote keyboard to my laptop

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by davidhk129, Oct 12, 2013.

1. davidhk129

davidhk129

Without boring you with the silly reason of "why would I want to do that ?",
    is it ok to do so?
    Is there any precaution I should know?

My laptops are wireless enabled and working fine.

davidhk129, Oct 12, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. davidhk129

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Not exactly sure what constitutes a "remote keyboard", but if we're talking about a wireless keyboard (RF radio frequency, not BT or IR Blue Tooth or Infrared), then I suppose there is always potential from some crosstalk interference between devices operating in the same 2.4Ghz range. You may have to fiddle with channel selection if you have any such problems.
    Personally I just did a three laptop setup in a doctor's office and all three had two wireless network interfaces (one internal and one USB dongle) and a wireless mouse and they seem to operate without issue. Although the second wireless interface was a n/ac device so I was able to separate that over onto the 5Ghz frequency. So only the mouse and internal wireless are competing on the 2.4 Ghz range.
    I think a lot of problems come from using cheaper, poorly made devices so you may want to consider spending a few extra bucks and get a keyboard or a little better quality or maybe go with Bluetooth or Infrared if those options are available and avoid any potential problem from the start.

Trouble, Oct 12, 2013
    davidhk129 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. davidhk129

davidhk129

Thank you.

I meant wireless keyboard. Wrong choice of word. ( English is my 3rd language. Many flaws.)

davidhk129, Oct 12, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question