Acer Aspire V5-552G. How to lose a Friendship!

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by dreamextreme, Aug 10, 2014.

1. dreamextreme

dreamextreme

Hi Guys,
    In my lack of knowledge & numerous friends uncontrollable urge to help but not help (being mac washed), I am left damaged mentally on a Sunday night.
    My above notebook when V.G.A. connected to my projector is black screen, therefore not allowing me see anything to implement detection or identity.
    I have installed the latest Acer drivers, removed others re-booted etc..., but to no avail.
    Had a blue screen on projector image stating Av.
    VGA is not connected currently.
    What do I need to do so I may see laptop view, connect VGA without laptop going to black screen & implement detection etc.....& actually see either my duplicate laptop view on projector or the documentary on Bill Gates (How to dismember) under my movies on my Laptop. I am at that point!

My Mac housemate, said 10 min fix, yet 8 hours later & almost a Kiwi/Aussie U.F.C. final showdown, we both said there is no shame in going to bed.
    Now I have lost him, the dog, girlfriend & my mental abilities to resolve this issue, I therefore plead for your help.
    Need it now, or you may read about it in the morning.

dreamextreme, Aug 10, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. dreamextreme

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

IDK.... there should be some documentation that came with the laptop to explain the functions and how to accomplish such tasks.

Did you try... with the projector connected, holding down the function key (usually near the bottom left of the keyboard "Fn" and some different color) and then while holding that key down tap the monitor key (usually a key along the top row with a sub-color indicator and an icon of a square or monitor like looking thing? Usually employing that two key combination you can switch from the laptop screen to an external device, tap it again to use both, tap it again to switch back to just the laptop screen.

Trouble, Aug 10, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. dreamextreme

Shintaro Moderator

Just to add to what Trouble said:
    Taken from the manual,HERE, that is for your laptop:

<Fn> + <F5> Display toggle
    Switches display output between the
    display screen, external monitor (if
    connected) and both.

You need a particular cable plugged in to the back of the laptop, that connects to an external display.

4 Acer Converter Port
    Connects to the Acer Converter cable,
    allowing for easy connection to a LAN, an
    external display or an additional USB
    device.
    Note: There are different cables available.
    Please check with your retailer to see
    which are compatible with your computer.

Shintaro, Aug 10, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question