Acer Aspire AS5250-BZ873 driver help needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brkkab123, Apr 24, 2013.

1. brkkab123

brkkab123

I'm getting a used Acer Aspire AS5250-BZ873 notebook Friday of next week. It has W7HP x64 pre-installed. I realize this is off topic for this forum. However, I'm extremely desperate, as I'm waiting on a rma for a non-working case for my W8 pc. I thus have no choice , but to get this laptop. Ihave a few medical program's I need to run, download and print result's to give Medicare for my diabetes. I have just enough until the day of notebook purchase.Without the strips that I use for med. dosages I die. I searched Acer's ste for drivers/bios updates. Apparently, it was discontinued. Could anyone help with a link for W7 x64 drivers for it ?

brkkab123, Apr 24, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. brkkab123

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Not sure, if it comes with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit installed, what if any drivers you may need, But....
    Check here http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
    Plug in Aspire 5250 where it says "enter a model name"
    OR
    Select Notebook, Ultrabook->Aspire->5250
    Then confirm Windows 7 64 bit as the Operating System
    Scroll up and or down and grab the drivers you need. To some extent you will likely need to know which particular device you have present
    Two touchpad drivers ElanTech or Synaptics and three wireless lan drivers Atheros, Broadcom or Realtek.
    You can probably Google the hardware IDs to help you identify them.
    The rest are single options so no problem deciding which one you need.
    Regards
    Randy

Trouble, Apr 24, 2013
    Core likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. brkkab123

brkkab123

SOLVD.Thanks trouble. I entered the whole Aspire and full model number and came up empty. I just entered Aspire 5250 and found everything for 7 &8. I already saw the notebook. It has a Acer sticker on it stating Windows 7H.P. x64. It's a cheap AMD based 2011 model. It's basically a 15.6" notebook w/netbook part's. Stock 1.0ghz dual-core, 2gbs. ddr3 upgradable to 8gbs,HD 6250 256mb. and a dvd-rw.It's cheap enough $150 and once Corsair get's me a rma and a replacement case to me. The notebook will barely be used by me then.

brkkab123, Apr 24, 2013
  4. brkkab123

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue. Thanks for posting back and letting us know.

Trouble, Apr 24, 2013
  5. brkkab123

brkkab123

Thanks for your help Tracker. Now all I have to do is upgrade the ram when I get it and figure out how to use the trackpad. 1st notebook. I may just plug my usb mouse in it, if I don't like the trackpad. I already have a usb wifi n adaptor. Everyone on Amazon complained about it's onboard Atheros wifi g only working 10 feet away. My adaptor I know is better. Had to use it on my desktop before I moved. Windows 8 Pro x64 dowloaded on it in under 25 mins. @12mbps. or so.

brkkab123, Apr 24, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question