A new start

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by BetaMan, Jun 17, 2010.

1. BetaMan

BetaMan

I have pretty much deserted w7forums. I miss it a lot, but I just feel like I really liked the people and hanging out with the beta/RC geeks. Once the RTM comes out and new problems come out, I become useless. There just isn't anything for me on w7forums. I can't solve many problems and don't have many. So what's the point, right? Well, I've decided that this is going to be a new start. I'm going to try to be an active member here for as long as possible. If I can't solve a problem, I can watch to see how it gets solved. I think it could be a great learning experience. So to everyone who knows who the hell I am, hello world! I look forward to starting at these forums from the beginning. I also look forward to Windows 8.

WELL, there's my rant. Anyway, hi everyone. How is everybody?

BetaMan, Jun 17, 2010
    Ian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. BetaMan

BetaMan

With a new start, I think a new avatar is necessary... HMM...

BetaMan, Jun 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. BetaMan

danperteet

Yeah, I know what you mean. You'll notice I'm not around there too much either myself. It was fun for that short amount of time, but I felt it was time to move on. I will be active here during the betas/RCs, if there are any publicly available.(Or if they aren't too.)

danperteet, Jun 23, 2010
  4. BetaMan

Ian Administrator

I like it : "betaman 2.0" :D

It's good to see you both here :). I know what you mean about the beta and RC's being fun - that's incredibly fun for geeks like us!

As soon as Windows 8 information starts to be released, I'm sure this site will take off quickly.

Ian, Jun 25, 2010
  5. BetaMan

BetaMan

HMM.... Well, actually, I found a torrent with a load of PDF files about Microsoft's future stuff. I don't know if it's legit or not, but I'll try to upload it somewhere.

BetaMan, Jun 27, 2010
  6. BetaMan

BetaMan

Okay, it's being uploaded to MediaFire right now. Oh and by the way, (this is way off topic for the thread and topic) MediaFire is probably the best free file hosting site because it doesn't make you wait. There's no premium, it's all entirely free. You guys should try it out.

EDIT
    Here you guys go. It should be pretty interesting. I haven't really looked at it yet.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?tzyyy4ymhoz

BetaMan, Jun 27, 2010
  7. BetaMan

Ian Administrator

Interesting :). I'll take a look now!

Ian, Jun 29, 2010
  8. BetaMan

BetaMan

Awesome. Tell me what you think.

BetaMan, Jun 30, 2010
  9. BetaMan

draceena

This is so close to what I feel. I'm not abandoning the Win7 Forum as I do like to help where I can but when you don't have alot of problems yourself , it's hard to help people with issues you just never have.

draceena, Jan 31, 2011
  10. BetaMan

danperteet

draceena, good to see you here. I remember you. I doubt you remember me though, lol.

danperteet, Mar 1, 2011
  11. BetaMan

davehc

Interesting thread. I was beginning to think I was getting too old for forum help! But I can see my thoughts and impressions are not alone.
    Even in the "moderator" category I feel I am wandering aimlessly!
    Discussions of new hardware do not interest me. BSODs most certainly not. I deal with them in a quite different manner through Image recovery. Only takes 15 minutes as opposed to (in several cases) a few days.

Believe it! As Betaman says. I also have no problems. If it is something on other computers, I probably have it already for posting from my Dbase, otherwise I find that I have to try and emulate the problem in order to supply a possible solution.
    There is so much repetition on the web, of same faults, that it is possibly quicker to just google the problem than hunt through forums for a solution although, admittedly, this will sure as anything, lead you back to a forum!
    On reflection, I think it says well for Windows 7 that new problems are , by far, less frequent than those that were cropping up in XP at the same stage.
    Anyway, hopefully I will get a copy of an early release of the next OS and start over with more enthusiasm!

Fwiw. I am registered on Media Fire, but have also found the "File Factory" pretty useful, and easier (imho) to use.
    http://www.filefactory.com/

davehc, Mar 1, 2011
    BetaMan likes this.
  12. BetaMan

jargonbust

thanks for info on beta vs RC

jargonbust, Aug 3, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question