A Mess

Discussion in 'Software' started by Trouble, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Trouble

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Have you ever tried to find something in the Windows 8 (metro / modern) Store, only to be overwhelmed by the process.
    A little help by way of a web search tool here http://metrostore.preweb.sk/
    Just select your Country (en-us for me), your Type (games for instance) and your platform (x64 for me) and then type something into the search filter text box, like (bowling). Don't be dismayed by the drop down auto complete options just hit enter.
    At least a bit of help.... if not perfect. Thought I would pass it along
    Although you may accomplish virtually the same thing if you are adept at using the charms search feature within the store app itself.
    Regards
    Randy

Trouble, Feb 26, 2013
    Tchégéda and Ian like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Trouble

DarkRepulser

Wow! Great share! This saves me the trouble of running the horrendous full screen Windows Store app. Too bad there aren't many apps available on Windows Store yet...

DarkRepulser, Feb 27, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Trouble

davehc

Quite frankly, Trouble, after the store contents passed the couple of thousand mark, I stopped searching and went back to google. lol. After reading this thread, I had a quick look in the "Games" section. Over 4000 there now. How the hack can you browse through that lot! Even if you have an inkling of what you are seeking, it becomes a difficult exercise. You will normally finish up with a so-called "metro" icon, which will often lead you to a site where you can download a desktop program - makes little sense to me in it's present mess.

davehc, Feb 28, 2013
    Tchégéda likes this.
  4. Trouble

Tchégéda

But I admit, it's the organisation in the directories of Windows Store. I find he is not enought choice for reduce the numbers of apps. Paying and free, new and popular, it's no sufficient.

Tchégéda, Mar 6, 2013
  5. Trouble

Ace

I think in my opinion Microsoft needs to expand on the tolerancy parameters of their search algorithm to make it return more results based on what is deemed as "relevant" based on the keywords the user types in the search. One page quite honestly, is not enough. I think they should return at least a few pages of results.

Ace, Mar 7, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question