353 Threats (Search.Conduit)-Spies

Discussion in 'Security' started by Eastlakerob206, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Eastlakerob206

Eastlakerob206

I had an ASUS with Win-7 which was plagued with viruses and I couldn't figure out what was going on. It had gotten so slow, so I but a new HP with Windows-8 which was slower than my last computer out the box. My computer came with a Norton trial. Yesterday, it was mysteriously disabled along with Windows Defender. So I downloaded Advanced System Care which was also mysteriously disabled. I went into safe mode and downloaded Spy Hunter 4 which I thought was free but isn't. It said I had 353 threats. Some of these threats: Hijack the browser and takes over your search engine; repeatedly bug you with ads; track your PERSONAL INFO and browser habits; spam you and add toolbars; and give your information away to other companies!

I'm 19 so I don't have a bank account or credit cards to fully purchase the software to remove them. So I would like to know are there any good anti-virus software for free that actually shows threats, because most of them lie and show absolutely nothing.

Help will be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Eastlakerob206, Feb 16, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Eastlakerob206

bassfisher6522

Sound like your system is seriously infected with Virus and/or Malware of some kind on both the windows 7 and windows 8 PC's. I would get into safemode on both PC's and run full system scans of your AV and your malware software.

bassfisher6522, Feb 16, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Eastlakerob206

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Try giving this a try... http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline
    Be sure and download the correct version for your system architecture (32 or 64 bit)
    The program will help you build a bootable CD from which you can boot your system (may require that you edit your BIOS to boot from CD/DVD first) and run a full system scan independent of the operating system installed. I believe that it may default to a "Quck scan" so after that is completed you may have to select the "Full scan" to make sure it takes a look at everything.
    Good luck.
    Regards
    Randy

Trouble, Feb 16, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question