3.0 tb. h.d.d. help needed.

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by brkkab123, Aug 7, 2013.

1. brkkab123

brkkab123

Tomorrow I have a Seagate Barracuda 3.0 tb. internal desktop h.d.d. arriving. I've heard they aren't pre-formatted when they arrive. It's only going to be used for Contacts, Documents, Downloads, Favorites, Links, Music, Pictures, Recorded TV, Saved Games, Searches and Videos. Should I format it as ntfs or is there a newer formatting method I should use ? I don't want to partition it, if I don't have to and my s.s.d. is the boot drive.

brkkab123, Aug 7, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. brkkab123

Ian Administrator

Yep, I'd go with NTFS - it's the primary file system that Windows 8 uses and will work in almost any other PC if you ever need to recover data. It's probable that Windows 8 will only let you format that drive as NTFS anyway.

Ian, Aug 7, 2013
    bassfisher6522 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. brkkab123

brkkab123

Thanks Ian. I just wanted to check.Now, all I have to do is figure out which of July's Patch Tuesday update's is freezing everything up outside of Safe Mode or Safe Mode w/Networking. CheckDisk @ boot time even has issue's. I'm basically having to do everything in Safe Mode w/Networking

brkkab123, Aug 7, 2013
  4. brkkab123

bassfisher6522

Restore to a time before the updates.....then manually install the updates one by one until the you start seeing the issue. It's the old school way, but it's the for sure way to tell.

bassfisher6522, Aug 7, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question