News - Microsoft to make Windows 8 more user-friendly

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by themarksquared, May 19, 2013.

1. themarksquared

themarksquared

I read some piece of news from a news site called "Tampa Bay" about Microsoft wanting to improve the user-friendliness of Windows 8. I'll be quoting important sections in the article. The source can be found below.

With this piece of news, do you think the next Windows 8 update will fix these issues? Post your comments! Let's start a discussion.
    themarksquared, May 19, 2013
    1. Advertising

2. themarksquared

glcjr

It would certainly be a good move to change the software to deal with users desires. I don't like the removal of the start button, areo glass, the metro look, or the refusal to let me to configure the system to go to the desktop.

I found the freeware Classic shell and have found windows 8 passable since. But it would be nice if the operating system had those things built in.
    glcjr, May 21, 2013
    1. Advertising

3. themarksquared

adamsmith

the news is quite predictable as the latest offering of the OS from Microsoft is still into its R&D phase and after these similar updates it'll be able to swing into its full fledged from..
    adamsmith, Jun 14, 2013
  4. themarksquared

Mick Macker

I'm glad to hear about the traditional desktop, not a big fan of the current one.
    However I thought Windows 8 was already incredibly user friendly. I know from speaking to older folk that they find this easier than the previous editions. The ability to pin things to the tiles on the metro screen makes it easier to get what application you want quicker. But maybe some find it complicated.
    Mick Macker, Jun 14, 2013
  5. themarksquared

themarksquared

I have to agree with you that the current Windows 8, for me at least, is user-friendly. I and my friends have no complaints regarding the interface. Yes, it might take some time to learn, but after that every thing becomes smooth and easy. Nevertheless, I am excited for this update due to the new features that will be added to the Windows 8 Interface.
    themarksquared, Jul 14, 2013
    sleepyH22 likes this.
  6. themarksquared

sleepyH22

Have found W8 very easy to use once you understand pinning etc. I also love Windows Defender- as I previously had Kasperski Internet Security 2013 which was a bit severe, although very safe. I have basically deleted old files ( XP,Vista,Windows 7 without doing a "clean install" as I have Administrator permissions. I also use CC Cleaner which is great. I tried Soluto but eventually uninstalled the programme as it did not serve my requirements. Hope this information can be of help to other users, SleepyH22:)
    sleepyH22, Jul 18, 2013
  7. themarksquared

RomanAnthonysMama

Does this mean that they are going to start incorporating the traditional style more into the new Windows 8? That would be so helpful! The automatic desktop feature is one thing that I miss the most. I feel like the new start screen is really hard to navigate no matter how many tutorials I read or how much I try to get used to it. I do like that they're making improvements for those with touch screens, though! My tablet is half touch half physical, so that will be awesome! Thanks for letting us know!
    RomanAnthonysMama, Jul 22, 2013
    sleepyH22 likes this.
  8. themarksquared

Core all ball, no chain Moderator

My understanding is that all they're essentially changing as far as the desktop experience goes is the ability to bypass the Start screen during boot, and adding a faux Start button that takes you to the Start screen. They're not bringing back the classic Start button.

If this is the case, then I don't see what the big deal is and how this really helps anything. The desktop is one click away as is. You boot into the Start screen and click on the Desktop tile - boom - you're on the desktop. Why is this so complicated for so many people?
    Core, Jul 25, 2013
    sleepyH22 likes this.
    1. Advertising